Cocoa Island is the Indian Ocean outpost from COMO Hotels and Resorts, the company behind Parrot Cay in the Turks and Caicos.
To hole up here is to discover escapism, or sweet serenity under a reliable sun. It is a special place, at one remove from the noise of modern living, where we nurture every need, attend to every detail, and soothe away the stresses which belong to another life.
Luxury Hotel Accommodation
Rooms are inspired by dhoni boats, as used by local fishermen, adjoined by simple wooden walkways built above the shallow ocean. Each is its own discreet fiefdom. From your room, walk out on to a private terrace; from your terrace, slip into a warm Maldivian sea.
The view from the wide platform bed is directly out to the watery expanse. And the bathrooms, all with double sinks, a bath and shower, share the horizon views.
Guest room amenities include:
- beds with handmade Italian linen
- private sun deck with loungers and dining table
- bathtub and separate shower stall
- air conditioning
- antique colonial ceiling fan
- minibar and snacks
- tea and coffee making facilities
- complimentary bottled water and fresh fruit daily
- satellite TV and CD player with DVDs
- international direct dial telephone with modem port
- COMO Shambhala bathroom amenities
- private safe
- resort bag
- flip flops
Restaurant, bar, infinity swimming pool, gymnasium, COMO Shambhala Retreat, in-room dining, laundry service, CD/DVD library, dive centre on-site, windsurfing, canoes and snorkelling. Fishing trips, island-hopping tour, dolphin-viewing, snorkel safaris and sunset
Cocoa is located on the South Malé Atoll, 40 minutes speedboat ride from Malé International Airport.